EdcampVA95 is looking for volunteer organizers. Organizers can be any educator from any grade level and background who would like to help with organizing and planning this unconference. Please check out the EdcampVA95 Wiki for details on how you can help or participate. You can sign up to help on this Signup sheet on Google Docs. You can contact EdcampVA95 via Twitter @EdcampVA95 or through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
EdcampVA95 is an Edcamp unconference for educators and is in the planning stages. It is located in Virginia strategically off of I-95 which is easily accessible to educators in VA and to those who will be traveling in from out-of-state.
Check out the Edcamp Foundation if you do not know what an Edcamp or unconference is. EdcampVA95 is created so that educators within the NC, VA, MD, DC and surrounding regions have a centralized location to meet up, collaborate, share and learn from each other.
At unconferences there is no keynote speaker. All planning and presenting is attendee driven. Educators learn through learner-centered sharing and discussions. This is an awesome professional development opportunity for you. Edcamps are not like traditional, often boring professional development workshops. Edcamps are very interactive and engaging. Participating with organizing is a great way to collaborate and gain experience with events organization. It’s good experience, professional development and good for your résumé. If you are interested please check out the above resources and/or contact me.
Look forward to hearing from you!
- edcamp Common Core (thumannresources.com)
- EdCamp CT Schedule for 8/10 (edcampct.org)
- The Joy and Wonder of an Edcamp (hadleyjf.wordpress.com)
- A Choose Your Own Conference Adventure (portrayaloftichwi.wordpress.com)
- Unconference unboring (hallsaremadeformadness.wordpress.com)
- Here’s a Story of Unexpected Connections. (kdarche.wordpress.com)
- Teachers teach each other at Region 6 camp (rep-am.com)
- 1 Year Later- Why Teachers Should Join Twitter…What I have Learned as a Twitter Newbie (adaptivelearnin.wordpress.com)