It’s the time of year for the Edublog Awards. I remember this event like a whirlwind last year. I was new to blogging, new to Twitter, and new to using social media as a professional. I remember seeing massive volumes of Tweets generating in my Twitter stream about the Edublog Award Nominations. I remember reading how bloggers could blog about their nominations and then send the link to Edublogs for voting. Since blogging was new to me at the time, I felt it was not my place to do a nomination. Besides, I was still learning what the entire Edublog Awards were and what they were for.
It’s a year later. Now, that I have been on social media for professional purposes and blogging for a little over a year, I feel I have the experience and insight to do Edublog Nominations. Here are my favorites that deserve the award.
- Individual Blog: Rapid E-Learning- I study and learn so much from Tom’s blog. There is always something new to learn on his blog. It’s crazy awesome!
- Group Blog: TeacherCast- This has been one of my favorite go-to blogs for all sorts of information as a teacher…especially Apps!
- EdTech Blog: Free Technology For Teachers- This has been my go-to place for all things related to technology in the classroom.
- Teacher Blog: Cool Cat Teacher- I’m going to say it, we all know Cool Cat Teacher is the best teacher blog and resource. Educators love it. It’s a fav!
- Influential Post: Confessions of a ‘Bad Teacher’- This post is a must read. It was insanely popular and will hit you to your core. It speaks truth.
- Individual Tweeter: Angela Maiers- These words sum up her influence and awesomeness…”You Matter!”
- Twitter Hashtag: #ELLchat - I am an ESL teacher so I am baised to ESL hashtags. I have networked with, chatted and tossed up ideas with some fabulous people from #ELLchat.
- Free Web Tool: Glogster EDU- Glogster is my favorite web 2.0 tool. Although they have paid services, they also still have a fantastic free service. Glogs rock!
- Video/Podcasts: Ted Talks- We all know they are awesome! That’s all I need to say.
- Educational Wiki: Web 2.0 Guru- This wiki has a massive list of 2.0 resources to use in education. Many of the resources I find and use are from this wiki. It is one of the best!
- Social Network: Twitter- Twitter has been the best professional development tool for me ever hands down! I will reiterate this and preach it over and over because it’s that awesome for PD.
- Mobile App: Edmodo- I teach higher education students and do not have access to Moodle or Blackboard, so yes I do use Edmodo with my higher ed students. And guess what…they love it!!!! The Edmodo App has been a lifesaver in answering student questions before exams, communicating assignments, having students turn in assignments digitally and the list of wows goes on and on!
I am not nominating in all areas because I don’t feel my nomination in the areas I have not listed would be appropriate since I don’t have as much experience with blogs and web 2.0 in those areas.
Check out the websites to my nominations at the links provided. You’ll love them!
- 2012 Edublog Awards: Nominations (slpecho.wordpress.com)
- The 2012 Edublog Awards (edu.glogster.com)
- Here Are My Nominations For This Year’s Edublogs Awards! (larryferlazzo.edublogs.org)
- My 2012 Edublog Awards nominations #edsg (ashleytan.wordpress.com)
- Edublog Award Nominations 2012 (attipscast.com)
- “Nominations Open – The 2012 Edublog Awards are here!” (larryferlazzo.edublogs.org)
- “Nominations Open – The 2012 Edublog Awards are here!” (teacherlingo.com)
- 2012 Edublog Award Nominations (ipadsammy.wordpress.com)
- My Three Edublogs Awards Nomimations (freetech4teachers.com)